2010 yz450 head gasket

I am doing a top end on my bike and following the service manual step by step. The torque sequence says to take the torque it to 22 ft lbs in 3 steps. Then it says to loosen the bolts and take them out and re-lube them. Isn't this like re-using a head gasket? Or is it OK because it didn't have a heat cycle on the gasket?

Thanks!!! I did it the right way. But when it said to pull the bolts out I had a tough time gettin out "number 2 bolt" Without thinkin I lifted the head so I could push it out! Am I still ok??? I finished the torque specs.

Thanks for your help Gray!!!

Thanks!!! I did it the right way. But when it said to pull the bolts out I had a tough time gettin out "number 2 bolt" Without thinkin I lifted the head so I could push it out! Am I still ok??? I finished the torque specs.

Thanks for your help Gray!!!

As I pointed out in the linked thread, I don't do that because I'm more concerned about disturbing the gasket than about there being insufficient lube on the bolt threads. But if you were careful, there shouldn't be a problem.

Now I'm reading in some areas I should be replacing my cylinder head bolts??? Is this recommended??? Can't find anything on this in my service manual

You won't see it in the manual because it's not recommended by Yamaha, and I've never had a problem with reusing the bolts. They are not a torque-to-yield type bolt that is stretched beyond its elastic limit, so unless you're rebuilding the engine for the 6th or 7th time, there should be no need to worry about it, regardless of what you hear.

As I pointed out in the linked thread, I don't do that because I'm more concerned about disturbing the gasket than about there being insufficient lube on the bolt threads. But if you were careful, there shouldn't be a problem.

You won't see it in the manual because it's not recommended by Yamaha, and I've never had a problem with reusing the bolts. They are not a torque-to-yield type bolt that is stretched beyond its elastic limit, so unless you're rebuilding the engine for the 6th or 7th time, there should be no need to worry about it, regardless of what you hear.

Thank You very much!!! This has left me with a hole in my stomache since last nite!!! (I was thinking that reusing was OK because it says in the manual when to use new hardware)

Nobody had the head gasket in town so I ordered a new one and for less than 12 bucks I got the bolts too (even though I don't need them) but now I have peace of mind. I already did a new cylinder, piston, valves, springs, and valve seals. Had pro1 racing do the head (it is ALL stock). So I should be good to go!!! Thanks for all your help!!!