09 yz450 leaked gas.

Bought the bike this week. Ran great my first ride. Started 2nd kick. Left the fuel on for a couple of hours after my ride before remembering. So I clean the air filter last night and then go to start it today and it won't start. I gave it some gas and it still wouldn't start. I kept kicking then all of a sudden it starts leaking gas out the orange hoses that run from the back of the carb(overflow?).

I'm wondering if I didn't get enough of the filter cleaner out and then used way to much filter oil so it was being robbed of air and got too much gas And/Or if me leaving the fuel on was the cause.

Your float is stuck. Tap the bottom of bowl firmly with handle of screw driver. It will stop the flow. If it doesn't, then it is probably gunked up from Obama's crappy Ethenol. You will have to pull carb and clean it out.

• Like 1

You can do it. If you can read, work a socket, and screwdriver, that is all you need.

I did this whole process in 30 mins.

Seat, tank, silencer, shock, remove throttle cables off carb, loosen air boot on carb, Swing up sub frame (don't remove, just bottom bolts, swing the fender pointing up, tighten upper bolt to hold it out the way), then hot start, unplug TPS, loosen other engine side boot, pull out carb. Remove bowl and your in! Clean and inspect everything in there, check and set float level. Manual is pretty good actually with it.

Edited by Bandit9

If you can get it off the bike, you are skilled enough to tear it down... Just watch for little tiny things that hit the ground or go sproing into never never land... cell phone pics as you go are a great way to remember where sh*t went. Wear glasses any time you squirt carb cleaner into a carb passage. 10 times out of 10 it makes a U turn and nails you in the eye! stuff burns...

If you can get it off the bike, you are skilled enough to tear it down... Just watch for little tiny things that hit the ground or go sproing into never never land... cell phone pics as you go are a great way to remember where sh*t went. Wear glasses any time you squirt carb cleaner into a carb passage. 10 times out of 10 it makes a U turn and nails you in the eye! stuff burns...

This is good advice too. This stuff will happen!!!! LOL

I had the most problem getting the throttle cables off and back on the pulley. Take your time, don't rush. Anger and frustration is the enemy of good wrenching.

You will need small flathead for jets and 6mm socket for main jet. The rest you should have in your box.