HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtbikebd

Spark Plugs

9 posts in this topic

I was looking at this place for plugs, i use NGK , and there are 2 types. Platinum and Iridium. They are the same price for a box of 4 at $24. Is there any differences in the 2? which will make the bike run better?

I have been told (no hard evidence) that iridium is a harder metal, which if true would make the plug resist rounding off better. Sharper edges = better spark.

You'd have to use the same plug for a few years before you'd ever get a decrease in electrode sharpness. Don't waste the money.

------------------

MX Tuner

Take your plug to an auto parts store and get them for 1/2 the price of a m/c dealership

------------------

'01 DRZ400S

'00 KTM250exc

Rick is correct, the CR8E plug is 2.30$ at O'Reilly Auto, the stock # is 1275. The dealership wants around 7$ for the same plug.

Yep, the stock # for O'reilly is 1275, it helps them look it up quicker. That stock # is for the NGK CR8E. I think the one I bought the other day was 2.38 w/tax!