HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumpin_426

BK Mod confusion????

3 posts in this topic

Alright, I did the mod a few weeks ago and I love it!! It accelerates hard out of the turns, seems to gain RPM faster, more control with the front end up in the air and overall better throttle response. However, I am reading about everyone being able to crack open the trottle as fast as they can from a dead idle and the motor not bogging. If I do that, mine stalls!! Everything is set up right and other than that the bike runs flawless. Where and when do you crack the throttle from a dead idle? Even when leaving the line your R's are up.

Am I just misunderstanding everyone or should I really be able to crack the throttle as fast as possible from a dead idle without a bog or stall?

Let me know, I'm very courious. Thanks!!..............

I still have this problem after the mod also, but only if I whack the throttle as fast as possible. Normal throttle use works great. Input would be appreciated.

Try messing with the timing screw. Get a permanent marker and mark the screw head where it is now. Then try adjusting it in 1/4 turn increments and see if you can find a better setting.

I backed mine out (advancing the squirt) 1/2 turn and it made a difference on my WR250F.

Be sure the bike is well warmed up!