Yuasa YTZ7S(F) OEM battery ?

I need a new battery for my 08'. The YTZ7S(F) is the OEM battery.

Looking online I only see the "(F)" version from one place, an ebay seller. I see a lot of them without the "(F)" and some that say "MF".

Will all of these work fine? Or does the "(F)" make a difference somehow?

What do you guys use?

i put a Shorai lithium in mine. Its lighter and ive never had to put it on a tender. It cranks strong all day and Ive had it for over a year now.

I was just looking at those. Only 1 1/4 lb for $110 shipped sounds good. ?

I'll order it tomorrow morning, unless somebody says something bad about them. (I've seen the red brand catch fire.)

I run the larger due to having a large halogen 60W head light (the stator mod) and most of my riding is trail plonking. I wanted to have enough power to be able to have the bike shut off and use the headlight for a little while. If you run the stock head light and ride faster stuff, the smaller battery will be fine.

You should think $30 and what, 1/4 lb, is it worth it?

The TurnTech Li battery (www.turntechbattery.com) is as good or better than the Shorai battery. They are a drop in fit for the YTZ7S battery. The $99 TurnTech battery is equivalent to the high dollar Shorai battery.

Edited by Chas_M

The TurnTech Li battery (www.turntechbattery.com) is as good or better than the Shorai battery. They are a drop in fit for the YTZ7S battery. The $99 TurnTech battery is equivalent to the high dollar Shorai battery.

Thanks for telling me about those. Off to KTMtalk for a bit of reading.....

Just got the Shorai and its very nice, I did get the larger one to be safe (Rocky Mtn MC for 141.99 and free shipping). I recon it's worth the cash to cut some weight mounted that high up on the bike.

It comes with foam to fit in the battery box, I had it mounted and going in no time and it looks cool, er well if anyone ever sees your bike without the seat on..

My Turntech battery crapped out and I bought a Shorai.

That is very unusual. How old was the TT battery? I had a fairly new Shorai battery in my street bike that went bad. Shorai replaced it under warranty. I have run TT 5 Ah batteries in two of my bikes and the engines have never failed to E-start. The first bike was my '04 KTM 525 (540) EXC with hi comp piston. When I recently sold the bike, the TT battery was still performing like new after 14,000 miles and over 6 years of use. My current '08 KTM 250 (HTR 350) XCF-W has had a 5 Ah TT battery almost since the bike was new. The TT battery still functions perfectly after over 4 years of use. Neither battery has ever required external 'tending'.

The first TT batteries were indeed very crude. They were essentially cells held together in plastic shrink wrap. The newer batteries have gone through at least two evolutionary stages. The current TT batteries are drop in fit for most bikes.

I just installed a Turntech. It looks exactly like the Yuasa, but is much lighter. I couldn't actually test it yet because I'm waiting for a new starter button assembly to arrive.

The price was $110 shipped, vs $138 for the best price I found on the big Shorai. The warranty is only 6 months for the Turntech, vs 24 months for the Shorai. I guess I'll have to cross my fingers on that...

Both batteries are assembled in the USA and made of Chinese parts. China has cornered the market on LiFePo cells. If the Ma rating is the same, expect the same performance. Both are good companies with personnel that try to take care of their customers. If you used the bike on a totla loss system, the Shoria would have the definite edge due to it having a port to use with a balancing charger.