HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rotax800

lucas oil stabilizer

10 posts in this topic

Does any one use this in they're bikes? Does it have any effect, good or bad, on oil viscosity, flow or clutch friction? Just wondering. Bought some at southwick sat and the rep said i'd only need a capful for the amount of oil my bike uses, 34 oz.

Thanks

I wouldn't use it...

Care to elaborate or just unfounded opinion? just wondering
1 person likes this

I use nothing but Amsoil, and it more than gets the job done. Most additives like that are not good for you clutch fibers.

Find some 92 octane ethanol free fuel as well and your bike will run better than ever.

Is it possible to find ethanol free gas at the pump anymore? The last fuel rack that was ethanol free in eastern WA switched to an ethanol blend rack this spring. I really hate the stuff, ethanol, but vp and sunoco are expensive.

Edited by rickallen124

Does any one use this in they're bikes? Does it have any effect, good or bad, on oil viscosity, flow or clutch friction? Just wondering. Bought some at southwick sat and the rep said i'd only need a capful for the amount of oil my bike uses, 34 oz.

Thanks

Lucas oil stabilizer contributes to excessive foaming of the engine oil. I would not use it in any engine of mine regardless of reason. Lucas engine oil also does poorly in lab foaming tests.

Lucas oil stabilizer contributes to excessive foaming of the engine oil. I would not use it in any engine of mine regardless of reason. Lucas engine oil also does poorly in lab foaming tests.

Well that settles it, Thank you

Love this site