HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
etuke

stripped threads

4 posts in this topic

the oil filter drain bolt has the inner threads stripped on my 426.Changed the oil tonight(first time since I bought it last week) and the bolt wouldn't tighten back in and somebody had teflon tape put on the threads.Are these threads in the inner clutch cover or in the RH engine case?Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this without replacing the cover?I tried another bolt just a shade longer and it holds tight but without the collar built on the bolt I get a leak.Seems like everything I try lately I run into problems.I have it in now with more thread tape and a bit of silicone to try and hold it there but I just dont feel right leaving it like that.

Edited by etuke

I took the side cover off today and installed the helicoil to fix the threads,also did the ballbearing(I used a BB)mod so it won't happen again.The drain hole was filled with debris and wouldn't even drain oil out.Hope this is the last of the surprises from this bike.