HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FinchFan194

DNF'd on Sunday...

8 posts in this topic

Bike just wouldn't stay running, as soon as I would let off the throttle it would die, it died like 7 or 8 times of the first lap of my GP. It was very hard to start then eventually wouldn't start unless I held the throttle half open. Let me tell you it was a pain in the arse to push it back ~1 mile!

Any thoughts? I am thinking my pilot jet may be clogged???

Do you have a aftermarket air/fuel screw? Check it to make sure it's still there. Don't ask me how I know this. :thumbsup:

Ya buddy it was still there I was adjusting to trying to remedy the issue. Doing a tear down to check valves and replace the timing chain and clean carb. Hopefully that dolls her up!

I bet your PJ is clogged. I'd just drop the float bowl screw and remove the pilot jet through that and see.

Takes about 2 beers to check.

Thats one design flaw of these 4t bikes, jetting. removing the float bowl to change/check the Pilot jet etc is a major pain in the booty.