HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bstanton

Can I dual sport my 2003 WR450?

13 posts in this topic

I have tried to read all the dual sport information I can on this forum and I can't figure out if anyone has dual sported their WR 450-2003? Has anyone done this. I am willing to do what ever it takes. Please help!

Nope, you can not do a 2003, only a 2002 and prior.

You can try, but if the DMV person sees that it is a 2003 red sticker bike you will be out the 500 bucks for the DS lighting kit...

I was asking the same thing about my 04 WR450. I'm in So Cal also. The DMV sucks. (just look at my signature) :D :D :D:):D :D :D :D :D :D

Can you give me some more info. on this? I have a 03 WR450F that I would really like to DS. I've looked at the baja Designs kit and it looks ok to me. Anything I should know about getting it through DMV? I am new to this so forgive me.

You can do it in Michigan. Mine is road legal. The other question is would you actually want to use it as a dual sport? IMO, I personally wouldn't ride mine over 5 miles on pavement (set up for dirt) unless it was an emergency.

HAHAHA Live Free or Die My 2t is plated.....weather aside California SUCKS:p

HAHAHA Live Free or Die My 2t is plated.....weather aside California SUCKS:p

Uhmmm... we have plated bikes here to. However, I just don't have a lot of places to ride it in Southern California.

but I've got a plate ! :doh:

Uhmmm... we have plated bikes here to. However, I just don't have a lot of places to ride it in Southern California.

but I've got a plate ! :doh:

Yea, but you guys got that lame green sticker / red sticker thing......free people in a free state can ride what ever they like.........that being said..people in California are so use to giving up there freedoms they simply accept it.:snore:

Yea, but you guys got that lame green sticker / red sticker thing......free people in a free state can ride what ever they like.........that being said..people in California are so use to giving up there freedoms they simply accept it.:lol:

:doh::snore:

you're right...