HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redswr

What tank should i go with?

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank?

• Clear Dez
    • Blue Dez
    • Stock
    • Clear Dez YZ
    • Blue Dez YZ

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys went out and found a large crack in my stock tank so now i'm searching... not sure if i wanna do a clear dez tank, blue dez tank or keep it stock... I don't really push fuel range that often and want to get back into GP's and WORCs which are only 45min to an hour. What do you guys think? Would clear look good?

IMG176.jpg

Edited by redswr

I have a clear on my 450 and it looks like shit now. I got it so I could see the gas levels relatively easily while riding. I regret it. Between the gas and sun, it looks like sh*t now.

I think clear/translucent looks bad, but I'm sure many think the opposite. Over time it just gets worse too.

On your bike I would go blue or black.

I have a clear on my 450 and it looks like shit now. I got it so I could see the gas levels relatively easily while riding. I regret it. Between the gas and sun, it looks like sh*t now.

yeah thats what i don't like... i just powdercoated this bike and it looks sweet... don't want a nasty yellow tank. Guess i could keep it covered as much as possible though

anyone done the YZ IMS tank and YZ seat? supposed to be less top heavy and .2 gallons more than stock WR...

even if you're running expert in a worcs race (1 hour?) you can make it on a stock tank. Lots of mx guys doing the worcs series are sticking with the stocker. They are the lightest handling of the ones listed.

I just picked up an acerbis for my wr. Holly cow its big. It's the one with the ''wings'' . Great radiator protection , but sheesh it's big. I'm gonna switch back and forth between the two...

even if you're running expert in a worcs race (1 hour?) you can make it on a stock tank. Lots of mx guys doing the worcs series are sticking with the stocker. They are the lightest handling of the ones listed.

I just picked up an acerbis for my wr. Holly cow its big. It's the one with the ''wings'' . Great radiator protection , but sheesh it's big. I'm gonna switch back and forth between the two...

thats the 6.6 gallon huh... things massive!

I've done the IMS tank with YZ seat, and love the way it changed the ergonomics. Also, the fuel level is carried lower than stock, so if it's not full, it handles even better than the stocker!

Maniac

even if you're running expert in a worcs race (1 hour?) you can make it on a stock tank. Lots of mx guys doing the worcs series are sticking with the stocker. They are the lightest handling of the ones listed. I just picked up an acerbis for my wr. Holly cow its big. It's the one with the ''wings'' . Great radiator protection , but sheesh it's big. I'm gonna switch back and forth between the two...

I got the one with "wings" on my YZ450F. Thought it was "Holly cow" big at first but now I am used to it. And I like having

it on there. Mine is 3.3 gallons though.

What is "dez" ? Desert edition!!

Edited by Local13Ridez

all my buddies gave me shit for getting a blue IMS tank, they said how will you know how much fuel you have, I said, I'll just look through your YELLOW/BROWN tanks. Now they seem to like the look of my still YZ blue tank. another TT Rider here switched from clear to Black and that looks pretty good too.

I have the blue IMS 3.3 I like it, but the previousl owner stripped one of the inserts for a front mounting tab, so I had to improvise a little. I like the heavy wings on it.

Considering how poor my fuel milage is I just couldn't get by with the stock tank. I can go over 100 miles with the IMS.

I have the Acerbis 3.3 gal tank with wings in the blue color and as long as you have some sunlight on the tank

you can see through it to see your fuel level. Just not as easily as you can see through the clear/beige ones.

It is pretty obvious where the fuel level is in this pic I just took.

29UST.jpg

I have the Acerbis 3.3 gal tank with wings in the blue color and as long as you have some sunlight on the tank

you can see through it to see your fuel level. Just not as easily as you can see through the clear/beige ones.

It is pretty obvious where the fuel level is in this pic I just took.

how do you use any of the gas below the petcock? looks like theres a lot of unusable gas

Edited by redswr

>how do you use any of the gas below the petcock? looks like theres a lot of unusable gas

That is the amount of gas you need to light a fire after you putter to a stop in the middle of the Mojave desert just after sunset

when your reserve runs out on you. But seriously it is about 3-4 inches vertically of gas at the very tips of the "wings" where they

are 3/4s to 1" thick so it is not "that much" gas but you are right that it is basically unavailable to be used by the engine.

Edited by Local13Ridez