Which tires would you choose for dual sport?

5spoke,

You'll find hours of reading about dual sport tires on this forum using the search engine. Check up for the available sizes for the tires you mentinond. If I'm correct, some of them have very limited size choice.

They are not for use for any period of time on roads. They are a soft compound and will wear rapidly. They are DOT approved as some countries require a DOT or E Mark tire as OEM. The front is basicly a M12 pattern with the rear having slightly closed and shorter lugs for less squirm and better traction on things like rocks and roots. What kind of riding are you looking to do? If you want a more road type tyre look at these.

sirac.gif

These are the Sirac series and are much more road suited.

David

I have two wheel sets and one of them is mounted with the siracs. These tires rocks! They hold on straight on the road and are very surprising offroad. They will hold great offroad unless you ride them in deep muddy or sandy conditions. If you want a road oriented d/s tire, never buy something else: front or rear. By the way, kendas are the most aggressive d/s tires I've tried and they suck on the road...good off though. All front pirellis are dot.

• 4 weeks later...