Which tires would you choose for dual sport?

faa9379e.jpg

faa9379a.jpgfaa93791.jpgfaa9378e.jpg

5spoke,

You'll find hours of reading about dual sport tires on this forum using the search engine. Check up for the available sizes for the tires you mentinond. If I'm correct, some of them have very limited size choice.

I hear that the MT21 are popular on Baja trips. Wear well and hook up is reasonably good. I have not tried them yet. But I was planning on using them on my Baha trip next year. :)

You forgot one. these are the Michelin Enduro Comp tires. They are also DOT approved.

David

encomp3.gif

Have you used these and how do they feel on the road?

Kenda trackmaster on the rear,that choice is simple.

I have only used only non dot tires on the front, i juat

scrape off the "not" on "not for highway use".

Kenda trackmaster on the rear,that choice is simple.

I have only used only non dot tires on the front, i juat

scrape off the "not" on "not for highway use".

:)

I think I am going to pull my dremmel tool out.

faa6f419.jpg

They are not for use for any period of time on roads. They are a soft compound and will wear rapidly. They are DOT approved as some countries require a DOT or E Mark tire as OEM. The front is basicly a M12 pattern with the rear having slightly closed and shorter lugs for less squirm and better traction on things like rocks and roots. What kind of riding are you looking to do? If you want a more road type tyre look at these.

sirac.gif

These are the Sirac series and are much more road suited.

David

I have two wheel sets and one of them is mounted with the siracs. These tires rocks! They hold on straight on the road and are very surprising offroad. They will hold great offroad unless you ride them in deep muddy or sandy conditions. If you want a road oriented d/s tire, never buy something else: front or rear. By the way, kendas are the most aggressive d/s tires I've tried and they suck on the road...good off though. All front pirellis are dot.

For anything other than mud or very loose dirt I use Bridgestone ED661 90/90/21, I even run them on not street bikes for dry conditions. They have a stiff side wall and very good life, and DOT.

faa4bd2c.jpg

You may want to look into King's tires as well. I believe the model is the KT-966. Or even the KT-9601/KT-9602. The prices are a lot lower too.