HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-Man

Say it ain't so RacerX!!!!!!!!

2 posts in this topic

Talked to Paul last night, from what I could hear, (his phone connection sucked!!!!LOL) he sounded a bit down since he's been injured. :D It seems like his hip injury just added more pain to his already painful wrist. And to make matters worse (you didn't hear it from me :D ) his wife is putting the pressure to him and he promised her he's gonna stop racing all together!!!!!

I mentioned to him that we are gonna rally up the AZOTMX gang and make a surprise appearance at casa de Wilson. :)

G-Man

------------------

Moto to Live

Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

Whoa! Just the thought of the OTMX gang showing up at your house should change the wife's mind! :D

Paul, I can't tell you how many times I've been in your situation.

I quit desert racing in 1987 after almost breaking my neck in Mexico. Almost quit riding completely but it's in my soul, I just love it too much! So I just went trailriding, no more racing.

The hardest one was breaking my hand (just trailriding), having surgery, and not being able to work for 8+ weeks. I was self-employed (flooring installer) and almost went bankrupt from the loss of income.

The wife almost had me convinced to quit but once I was healed up I was back on the trails.

I am fortunate with my current knee injury that I have an good employer and paid sick time.

Now my wife is getting tired of me being around all weekend. I guess she has become the ideal moto-widow. :)

Anyway, don't make any decision now. See how you feel about it in a few weeks/months.

Injurys are an inherent part of this sport but the thrills and friendships outlast them all.

Time heals all wounds, including the wifes anger.

Good Luck,

Bob

------------------

'00 YZ426F

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

http://communities.msn.com/FPilotsPhotos