HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bandit9

Relocating Rectifier/Regulator?

12 posts in this topic

I just lived with it on the 06, but on my new 09, I would like to hide the ugly aftermarket rectifier/regulator. It annoys me. The stock one is small and sleek looking and I don't even notice it. The one that Baja Designs , Trail Tech , or Ricky Stator sends you is a huge ugly square.

Anyone relocate theirs? Where at?

I just lived with it on the 06, but on my new 09, I would like to hide the ugly aftermarket rectifier/regulator. It annoys me. The stock one is small and sleek looking and I don't even notice it. The one that Baja Designs , Trail Tech , or Ricky Stator sends you is a huge ugly square.

Anyone relocate theirs? Where at?

Where do you have it mounted now?

On the 09, it's still the smaller stock unit in the stock location, just above radiator on left side frame. I haven't purchased it yet, but will be soon.

I know it has to be bigger to handle the job, it just sticks out b/c of it's size.

Edited by Bandit9

Ahh.....that sounds good. What about drilling some holes and tapping them? Think that would mess with the frame integrity?

Thanks for the idea. You wouldn't happen to have a pic?

Ahh.....that sounds good. What about drilling some holes and tapping them? Think that would mess with the frame integrity?

Thanks for the idea. You wouldn't happen to have a pic?

Not sure where your drilling the holes. I'll try to snap a pic.

Instead of welding, i was going to drill and tap. That is if a suitable spot can be found. Those frames are really thick and I don't see why two small 3-4 mm dia holes would hurt it. I don't own a welder yet, and I just paid my son's tuition! So I don't see welding being an option anytime soon. I do have a buddy who does, but he lives 2 hrs away.

You can email the pic or text it to me. Pm me and I will send my info.

Edited by Bandit9

You might get away with small holes in the top hoop. I would do the drive or take it to a welder, shouldn't cost too much.

th_Newiphone014.jpg

th_Newiphone015.jpg

th_Newiphone016.jpg

Yes there is room for a standard battery. However I run the new smaller lightweight lithium iron batteries in all my bikes. Thats what the blue plug on top is from.

Yeah, I have a Shorai. They are an awesome product. Doesn't take a genius to predict that these new generation batteries will be OEM equipment very soon. I enjoy the look on peoples faces when I hand them a YUASA in one hand and the Shorai in the other.