HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
08kxf250

09 YZ450F Header Pipe

7 posts in this topic

Hey there,just after a bit of info if anyone can help....iv'e searched and read many threads on header pipes but can't find an answer.

I bought a 09 YZ450F and the guy reckons it's a Euro Spec Edition...it's white with a red shock spring and the factory header pipe is a powerbomb type set up,,,,,he put a Pro Circuit T4 slip on on it,but he has had a sleeve made up for the header as the inside diameter of the slip on is to big....does anyone know if the powerbomb type factory headers are the same diameter as the others,i want to order an FMF online and they list 06-09 mufflers,but iv'e read here that the header pipe diameters vary from 06-09......has anyone put a Powercore 4 onto the 09 powerbomb type header and is it a bolt straight on job............cheers Steve

Edited by 08kxf250

I think you'd be better off contacting FMF to get that answer. The Euro/Aussie exhaust with the coaxial resonator in the header is completely different than the US models, and within the US models there are two different header outlet diameters from '06 to '09. It's ceratinly not possible that any '06-'09 exhaust would fit except as a full system, as at least one of them would fail to match up with the header.

I think you'd be better off contacting FMF to get that answer. The Euro/Aussie exhaust with the coaxial resonator in the header is completely different than the US models, and within the US models there are two different header outlet diameters from '06 to '09. It's ceratinly not possible that any '06-'09 exhaust would fit except as a full system, as at least one of them would fail to match up with the header.

Cheers Grayracer.....that makes sense as i got the bike with a Pro Circuit T4 slip on on it,and the factory muffler which is a long cannon,not the shorty that seems to be on the US models.....with the T4 he has had a sleeve made for the header pipe so it fits,but the factory muffler doesn't fit with the sleeve on......i'll just leave it for now and save my money,the T4 is like new and i was only really considering the FMF because i like the look of them better than the T4...it's not a performance thing as the bike has plenty of get up and go for my riding level......thanks for the insight tho

I should have been more specific, as I was thinking of a full system and replied from my phone while being bored in class. Its always tricky mixing and matching different headers and mid pipes. my bad.

Edited by Steel Panther

I should have been more specific, as I was thinking of a full system and replied from my phone while being bored in class. Its always tricky mixing and matching different headers and mid pipes. my bad.

No drama buddy....at least you answered........