2014 YZ450f Prediction/Wish List

" how are the kawasakis worn out at 20 hours?? just curious."

yeah, this seems hard to beleive. there are a bunch of new kawasaki's at our local tracks here and i doubt if that was the case, that these guy's would be buying them.

this is very very true, my buddy and i both purchased new bikes last month, he got the kawi i bought the yamaha, we have the same time on the bike, and it looks like its been through hell already. the green plastics seem to show a lot of scratches. the motor might still be perfect but the shell is hurting lol

this is very very true, my buddy and i both purchased new bikes last month, he got the kawi i bought the yamaha, we have the same time on the bike, and it looks like its been through hell already. the green plastics seem to show a lot of scratches. the motor might still be perfect but the shell is hurting lol

Who cares what it looks like! This isnt a fashion show!

if anyones plastics loook shabby, its yamaha. ive never seen plastics get white stress marks so fast.

I have an 09 Yamaha 450 and a 2010 Kawi 450 in the shed. They have about the same amount of hours on them. The Yamaha is grey. You couldn't make those plastics white again without sanding the hell out of them. The stickers are ripped and torn. Some are missing completely. The rear disk guard is hanging by a bolt.

The Kawi has the usual scrapes and scratches, but the white number plate and side shrouds are still very much white. And the frame has a nice polish from my knees rubbing on it, the Yami doesn't. I've dumped the Kawi hard many times, and the fricking hand grips still aren't torn through on the ends.

• 5 months later...

Just stiffer forksprings with better valving front and rear, the lip from the exhausmount pipe shortened so you can remove the shock by only remove three bolts and a little more revving and keeping the reliability the rest is really oke if not the best.

Now there's a legitimate complaint. What is up with that, anyway? How hard could it possibly be?

yea...I was caught by surprise by this. I thought it was very unyamahaish. I couldn't get my torque wrench on it or any other tools I had at the time. I bought a closed end wrench with a dog leg in it, sure this has a proper name, and I've done the change so many times now I've forgotten about it. I was really peaved at first though.