HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AustinV33

2009 Yz450F starting problem.

6 posts in this topic

As stated in the title I have a 2009 YZ450F with 57.5 hours on the clock. My problem is that it will not start, I have got it to fire but it immediately shut off. It didn't bog then die, it was as if it was being shut off as soon as it fired. The carb was rebuilt about 7 hours of riding ago, and it has been properly maintained. The air filter was dirty so I removed that but the problem still persists, I also replaced the spark plug and still no luck. Could it be the top end, I fear it is a compression issue. I know that the top end has never rebuilt, original piston, gaskets, etc.

Thanks for your time,

-Austin

As stated in the title I have a 2009 YZ450F with 57.5 hours on the clock. My problem is that it will not start, I have got it to fire but it immediately shut off. It didn't bog then die, it was as if it was being shut off as soon as it fired. The carb was rebuilt about 7 hours of riding ago, and it has been properly maintained. The air filter was dirty so I removed that but the problem still persists, I also replaced the spark plug and still no luck. Could it be the top end, I fear it is a compression issue. I know that the top end has never rebuilt, original piston, gaskets, etc.

Thanks for your time,

-Austin

These aren't Hondas!

I have an 09 450 with over 300 hrs on it and it still starts in 1 or 2 kicks. Turn the idle up and see what happens. Check the pilot jet for blockage and make sure the fuel screw hasn't fallen out.

1 person likes this

Check your stator plate also. It was a known problem on the 06/07 for one of the screws to come loose.

Well I took it into the shop and they fixed it, My idle screw came loose, they had to turn it back in two full rotations. thanks anyways for the replies.