HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JackAttack

"Kill" Switch

2 posts in this topic

I have finally made my 2003 XR650R street legal(AZ). I would like to add a "hidden kill switch", for those times that I may have to park it in a not so friendly environment. I already have a small switch. I would like to use the wiring under the seat for the in-line switch.

Any ideas on which is the best wire to cut/splice to prevent the bike from starting, and not hinder performance?

Any other ideas for preventing theft when parked away from home other than the traditional cable-lock or disc-lock?

Other than:

1. Large vicious dog(or badger) chained to frame.

2. Grenade pin wired to kick-starter.

3. Razorblade handgrip covers.

4. 10,000 volt electric charged seat cover.

Ride On! :)

How about simply putting a small plastic cap over the end of the spark plug and refitting the spark plug wire. You can discourage some drunk from doing something stupid. A determined thief will always be able to steal your bike.