Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vick715

2012 WR450F Moding and accessory additions

4 posts in this topic

Hey There All,

I wanted to start a new topic all about moding and accessories for the new 2012 Yamaha WR450F. Lets get some stuff going about these bikes so everyone can discuss and review add-ons, changes/adjustments/mods.

To start i'd like to know if anyone has changed the front or rear sprockets on their bikes, what they changed to, and some reviewes on results. The canadian WR comes stock with 14/50. Im thinking about swtiching to a 13/53. Any thoughts?

So far on my bike I've done the following:

- Added Acerbis Bark Busters, Great add, easy to install, fit well. Saves levers and fingers/hands.

- removed throttle stop (#1 best thing to do)

- removed airbox breather plug.

- Added performance ECU kit (A+ rating from me - well worth the $100)

- Picking up power tuner tomorrow :devil:

Let me know what you have done so far!

I too had a few questions! I was just about to post a new thread. Im about to install the GYTR Competition Kit/ ECU (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelscitemdetail/5/210/1222/5389/2012/1/11369/0/0/detail.aspx) Do you guys know what are the stock settings are for this? I was at my local Yammy dealer and they will not remap this for me. They told me I would have to buy the Tuner and do it my self. I also read somewere on the forum that someone will map it for $50 plus shipping? Im wondering will I need to remap or can I just drop it in?

My other question was, how much trouble is it to install the Performance WR Muffler Insert (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelscitemdetail/5/210/1222/5389/2012/1/10985/0/0/detail.aspx)? Thanks :devil:

To start i'd like to know if anyone has changed the front or rear sprockets on their bikes, what they changed to, and some reviewes on results. The canadian WR comes stock with 14/50. Im thinking about swtiching to a 13/53. Any thoughts?

That is some pretty low gearing. I have never ridden a 2012, but I think their internal gearing is similar or the same as my 06. If it is, I would think that with 13/53 you would struggle to get above 45-50 mph without revving the hell out of it.