Glad i did it myself!

so i have to say, i've only been riding bikes for three years now and up until this year i have been very skeptical about doing my own engine work. i have to give everyone here that helped me out and gave me advise a big thank you. i officially and successfully checked/adjusted my valves and am very glad that i did. there is something to be said about doing the work on your own and the sense of accomplishment you get when everything works/runs better when youre done. so again, thank you all for your help and words of wisdom!!!

trevor~

:devil:

know you know and can help others :devil:

and i hope i can help!

Not only the sense of accomplishment, but a pile of money left in your wallet too!!! :devil:

Maniac

yah total cost of of my valve adjustment was $5. sure beets the $100 that the shop would have charged me!!!!

Could a non mechanical person like me adjust the valves without too much trouble?

Perhaps, but only you know for sure. Do you have the manual? Do you have a torque wrench? Feeler gauges? With these tools, and our help, we should be able to help guide you thru the process.

Maniac

having the right tool for the job is key!. i look at it as an opportunity to add tools to my collection when i tackle something on my bike that i never had before. and who doesnt want more tools! haha