can i ride my 2 stroke dirtbike in cali?

Whoa there, lets be accurate about this.

You can ride any two-stroke on any legal riding area, any time of year, if it is 2002 or older.

You can ride any two stroke on any TRACK, no matter what year, any time you want.

You CANNOT ride a two stroke past 2002 on any OHV or ORV riding area during Red Sticker season.

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007%20CARB%20Revised%20Riding%20Seasons.pdf

• Like 3

You can ride any two-stroke on any legal riding area, any time of year, if it is 2002 or older.

You can ride any two stroke on any TRACK, no matter what year, any time you want.

You CANNOT ride a two stroke past 2002 on any OHV or ORV riding area during Red Sticker season.

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca....g%20Seasons.pdf

whew rookie mistake on my part. Been to long of a day, this^^^^ is the answer to your question

Cool the turbo jets kids! He is "out of state" all he needs is the OHV sticker sold by most big dealers for out of state riders. No need to worry about the year if you have an out of state ID and bike. It is us who gets screwed for the 2002 and newer race/2T bikes.

• Like 1

Cool the turbo jets kids! He is "out of state" all he needs is the OHV sticker sold by most big dealers for out of state riders. No need to worry about the year if you have an out of state ID and bike. It is us who gets screwed for the 2002 and newer race/2T bikes.

Turbo face is right. He wins the prize:

dating-fails-this-is-how-you-win-my-heart.jpg

• Like 2

sweet. i was kind of bummed when i heard that. but if it was true there is some good dune riding around las vegas.

If you live outside of Cali then it doesn't matter just get a out of state permit. Also I think all of the sand dunes in Cali are year round. But with that said most sand dunes in Cali are un-rideable during the summer months where it can easily be 100+ degs.

Also Las Vegas is in Nevada...

Edited by jlmotox

Turbo face is right. He wins the prize:

dating-fails-this-is-how-you-win-my-heart.jpg

I can't wait to meet you in person. I know we are going to be best buds. You just live to far away dam it! Where is the hug emoji? :banghead::devil:

I missed the Las Vegas post, that place is in Nevada. :ride:

Edited by PALMER84ONE

Come ride the SoCal vertical rock trails with us.

:devil: LPNF?

I love that place. Need to get up to that again but I am heading to Colorado next month for 2 weeks. Going to get a tour of the ST in Steamboat Springs from my neph. Then hammer down some twisty tarmac, and do some river rafting.

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca....g%20Seasons.pdf

This. But to clarify even more. There are several public riding places in California that allow Red Sticker bikes year round.