upgrades to stock headlight system

just a question for knowledgeable people out there, is there a high output bulb system that fits into the stock 2007 headlight shroud? i have a voltage rectifier that needs replacing because i'm blowing bulbs, if its going to cost me $100 for the rectifier replacement i might as well upgrade to something better and brighter...i just cant find info on that...i don't mind updating the stator too if needed for power generation...i just like the stock headlight look...

just a question for knowledgeable people out there, is there a high output bulb system that fits into the stock 2007 headlight shroud? i have a voltage rectifier that needs replacing because i'm blowing bulbs, if its going to cost me $100 for the rectifier replacement i might as well upgrade to something better and brighter...i just cant find info on that...i don't mind updating the stator too if needed for power generation...i just like the stock headlight look...

Hey

The easiest and cheapest way to get more out of your stock headlight would be to up the bulb to a 55w. You probably would still need a rectifier if its not working properly but might be ok keeping it. Your stock stator is pushing out 25/100 watts so youd have plenty of watts.

If you wanted to go even brighter, i know you like the stock headlight but just wanted to show you our LED option like looks similar. It runs our squadron LED light that can be dimmed and is 3600 lumens.

Heres a pic of it mounted in our headlight shell. It comes in blue this guy just liked the white one. Just wanted to show you that option.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me or pm me

Also forum members get 10% there orders

Thanks

Mike

BD

760 560 2252

ext 101

IMGP8367.jpg

The stock '07 headlight is absolutely attrocious! I don't care what kind of bulb you place in that thing, it's still going to suck! Retro-fit an older '06 headlight (slightly better) or float your ground and go HID, which is substantially better!

Maniac

It runs our squadron LED light that can be dimmed and is 3600 lumens.

When you say dimmed does that mean your light has "high" and "low" beams? In some states it is required to have hi and low beams on the street. Would be nice to have your light if it does switch.

Thanks, Doug

Our dimmer goes up and down in 5% increments

The stock '07 headlight is absolutely attrocious! I don't care what kind of bulb you place in that thing, it's still going to suck! Retro-fit an older '06 headlight (slightly better) or float your ground and go HID, which is substantially better!

Maniac

i removed the 06 headlight because i wanted something with a little more styling...i didnt want the bike to look old...i know there is a solution, maybe baha designs is the way i'll go...i have to look at it...i may try the 55 watt bulb first...

i removed the 06 headlight because i wanted something with a little more styling...i didnt want the bike to look old...i know there is a solution, maybe baha designs is the way i'll go...i have to look at it...i may try the 55 watt bulb first...

Our squadron does have more styling then the older headlights

Also forum members get 10% off there order

Pleas feel free to give me a call or pm

thanks

mike

760 560 2252

ext 101

I did the same thing, and then I went on a night ride. And then when I got home, it came back off and I sold it. Yes, the '07 headlight "looks" more stylish, but if your going to ride at night, it has got to go! Baja Designs does have some good looking lights that work, as opposed to that '07 headlight of yours.

Maniac

I have an ADVmonster LED side light which uses the same T6 emitters as the BD Squadron.. FREAKING BRIGHT! If the squadron was DOT legal I would have got it instead..

the Squadron will blow away HID in terms of brightness

you all have very good points, thanks for your help...