HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeolichney

BK mod-APJ squirt too short

1 post in this topic

I did the BK mod on my 01yZ426 last week. Went fine, the stock APJ squirt was 2.7 seconds. I used a videocam (30 frames per second made it easy to get it exact as 9 frames is 0.3 sec, just advance the VCR frame by frame). Resulted in a good improvement, once I went up on the main jet.

I just tried to do my WR250F, but it was exactly 9 frames, 0.3 seconds. The squirt was a little late so I adjusted the timing screw. Kind of bummed because it has a bad bog I was hoping to get rid of.

I tried to do my friends YZ250F, but his squirt was only 4 frames, a little over 0.1 sec. Whats the best thing to do to make the squirt longer, shorten the stop on the pump diaphram? His bogs pretty bad. I checked the diaphram and everything seemed fine.