2001 YZ426 Electrical Question

I just picked up a 2001 YZ426. I want to light and plate it here in Colorado. I have already done this to three other bikes so I have no questions about the process.

I have a question about the output of the stock stator???? I have searched the internet for a good hour and have found nothing.

How many watts is it pushing?

The reason I ask is....these days with LED lights, its a different game on lighting a bike and much less expensive. For instance, I can get an front, LED headlight that is brighter than many of the regular bulbs for less than $100 and it will only pull a max of 3 wats.....yeah, that's right.....only three watts. (as opposed to 35 watts or 55 watts)

Then the rear tail light and break light will only pull a max of 0.3 watts.

So if the stock stator can spare 3.5 watts.....I am good to go, without having to find a WR Stator and fly wheel....or purchase a after-market product.

Another way to ask this question is......how many watts does the spark plug require? ....and what does the stock stator generate? The balance would give me my answer.

I love these new LED's!!!!

• TT Sponsor

Wow.....I really thought someone would have the information on the stock stator, but after over three days and 88 views, not a single reply.

Seriously.....anyone?????

Hey

The stock yz426 stator is really not wound to have much extra wattage. You would need to do the wr stator/flywheel conversion to get lights to run properly. Or get a battery pack that can run your lights.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call or pm me

Thanks

Mike

BD

760 560 2252

ext 101

Wow.....I really thought someone would have the information on the stock stator, but after over three days and 88 views, not a single reply.

Seriously.....anyone?????

I don't have any info about the stator but, the search function on this site works very well usually.

I don't have any info about the stator but, the search function on this site works very well usually.

It would also have turned up the fact that the YZ stator produces essentially no surplus current at all rather quickly. The WR flywheel/stator swap, or batteries on their own, is the only answer to lighting a YZF.

• 2 months later...