HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n16ht5

YZ Timing for my 07 WR? Local help?

7 posts in this topic

Been searching the boards... Cant find a definitive answer... How do I go about doing the YZ timing cam mod while keeping estart on my bike? Need more power.. I shouldnt have rode my friends KTM 525... :devil:

Anyone in the PNW want to help me in person? Thanks

I know!! What was I thinking??? I MUST HAVE MORE POWER !!

at first it looked like people were just retarding the exhaust timing a tooth then the e start doesnt work?? then people got the YZ cam and ground the decomp pin down ? then SJMC Don said the Hot Cam was the way to go, then they were saying that only the Hot Cam Intake side was the way to go AGHHH.

I had just got back from a trip to Florida, and didn't have the time to get ready for that Sunday's race, so I went up to work it and keep 3rd place in the series with some worker points. When I got there, the promoter told me to run sweep, and since I didn't even bring my bike, he told me to use his!

I knew immediately, this was a seriously bad idea! He had some Flexx handlebars on his machine, and I've been eyeing them for some time now. So yup, I know own a set of Flexx handlebars after riding his bike. Will cost me about $600 after I'm done, and that's just for the handlebars, barkbusters , 1 1/8 clamps etc..

It's actually going to cost me around $6000 when I'm all done, seeing as how I now realize I've got to upgrade my racing bike after riding his!! So repeat after me, "Never, EVER, ride another man's bike!!!"

Maniac

I have this YZ cam and no issue with the estart

With a pipe and cam I don't need more power than that

Edited by MaxPower

What year is your WR ??

Dang your woman is going to have your hide Maniac

Been searching the boards... Cant find a definitive answer... How do I go about doing the YZ timing cam mod while keeping estart on my bike? Need more power.. I shouldnt have rode my friends KTM 525... :devil:

Anyone in the PNW want to help me in person? Thanks

Haha my friends got a 04 Ktm 525, we're about even to 100km/h then he walks by me ( on a pavement race)