HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbeakley

Clutch Pull, anyone know how to make it easier?

15 posts in this topic

I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

Does the stock clutch cable work with these aftermarket levers or do new cables come with the kits? I could look, but I'm lazy :) Thanks for the replies!

I still use the stock cable with the raptor. I always use the clutch for every upshift but just about never for downshifts.

Mike

I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

Originally posted by PK:

I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

I agree totally with PK. Plus NO fade what so ever........

I was on a dual sport ride and saw the down side to "no fade" from a hydro. clutch. The guy didn't know that he was KILLING his clutch until it was totally gone, in just about the worst place it could happen. Some times that "fade" is a good warning system.

------------------

Mark...00 426 w/plates,and $4000.00 of other attachments!

Originally posted by bbeakley:

I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225

So dumb question: who sells Hebo clutches? I've looked all over the web and can't find any online dealers, help!! Also, anyone know if the Magura unit is better/worse/different than the Hebo?

Originally posted by yzf:

its not like you ever need the clutch anyway on a 426 except for starts

See my recent post of my "how stupid am I" story from 9/26. You may think different on your clutch story or you may not, but I couldn't resist pointing it out.

Blueman

How did you guys lengthen the actuator arm?

I have a 98 YZ400 and I can't get the actuator arm out of the bike. I loosened the retainer plate but still can't remove it.

How did you lengthen the actuator arm?

Originally posted by THEWAG:

Originally posted by bbeakley:

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225