Clutch Pull, anyone know how to make it easier?

I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

I have an MSR raptor lever and perch...works great and was easy to install.

Mike

I have a "Works Connection" CR type lever, works great. It has a needle bearing also.

Does the stock clutch cable work with these aftermarket levers or do new cables come with the kits? I could look, but I'm lazy :) Thanks for the replies!

its not like you ever need the clutch anyway on a 426 except for starts

I still use the stock cable with the raptor. I always use the clutch for every upshift but just about never for downshifts.

Mike

I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

Originally posted by PK:

I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

I agree totally with PK. Plus NO fade what so ever........

I was on a dual sport ride and saw the down side to "no fade" from a hydro. clutch. The guy didn't know that he was KILLING his clutch until it was totally gone, in just about the worst place it could happen. Some times that "fade" is a good warning system.

------------------

Mark...00 426 w/plates,and $4000.00 of other attachments!

The Raptor by MSR is the way to go. There's three different settings. Nothing else to buy and it's less than $40.

Originally posted by bbeakley:

I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225

So dumb question: who sells Hebo clutches? I've looked all over the web and can't find any online dealers, help!! Also, anyone know if the Magura unit is better/worse/different than the Hebo?

Originally posted by yzf:

its not like you ever need the clutch anyway on a 426 except for starts

See my recent post of my "how stupid am I" story from 9/26. You may think different on your clutch story or you may not, but I couldn't resist pointing it out.

Blueman

How did you guys lengthen the actuator arm?

I have a 98 YZ400 and I can't get the actuator arm out of the bike. I loosened the retainer plate but still can't remove it.

How did you lengthen the actuator arm?

Originally posted by THEWAG:

Originally posted by bbeakley:

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225