HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamses

Trail Tech Vapor Install 02 Wr426

4 posts in this topic

Howdy i've got everything else all set up except the tachometer and im pretty set on using the wrap around the spark wire method however my question is where is it best to wrap; closer to the coil or spark plug? Also i feel lame asking but when it says wrap it says nothing about stripping the wire? Do i need to strip the spark wire and the red im putting on it? insulated wire to insulated wire....is that a thing? Appreciate it thanks

Insulated wire to insulated wire, The tach wire picks up induced voltage when the plug fires, and it doesn't really matter where on the plug wire, pick a location that is convenient and doesn't interfere with changing plugs. The important part is the number of turns and the manual has instructions. I tape the wrap with vinyl electrical tape.

How many turns does it say to wrap the wire? I bought a cheapie hour meter/tach and the tach didn't seem to work very well, maybe if I try the same number of turns as the Vapor it will.

I connected the tacho to the low voltage input on my installation, wr426 02 with trailtech vapor.

It's working fine.