HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron_Franceschi

Is the wr400 right for me?

3 posts in this topic

hi, I was wondering if the wr400 would be a good bike for me. I am 16, 5'7, and weigh around 160. The seat height I think might be a little to high. Does anyone know how I could lower the seat height. Thanks

sounds good, you can set the race sag a little lower by turnign the adjusters counter clockwise, and you can cut a little off the seat, other than that yamahas are just tall bikes :D:)

I think the bike itself would be great for someone like you... My first bike was the YZ 400 and it was a bit powerfl to learn on, but I'm glad I've got it now. My buddy has a 98WR400 and it's a great bike, seems relatively tame on the power, but certainly not lacking anything when you need it. They are generally taller bikes and the suggestion above is all that I really know of to help with that. If you're going to cut the seat down, take the cover off and shave some of the foam-that should help some. You'll be happy with the bike... :)