What valves?

I am in the process of an engine rebuild on my 09 WR450. After filling the intake chamber on the head with gas one of the valves is leaking. I really did not want to replace the valves and looking at the prices I am trying to find the best option for reliability on a budget. On Rockymountainatv they list the kibble white with springs and hardware for about $430, the Faction MX for about $410, OEM for about $360 or I can do Pro X steel vales and hardware for about $275.

I had 8000 miles on the bike and I want something that will give me similar results after the rebuild, has anyone had any experience with any of these valves?

Thanks

Go OEM. They are cheap and obviously last 8k miles.

Two months ago I finally replace two exhaust valves, recut seats, new springs all around along with new seals. It cost me 360 bucks. I have similar miles, maybe a little more. When my valves failed the same test, it was the seats and not the valves. Once they were recut, they sealed up perfectly. Exhaust valves were not the ones leaking, but they were changed out because they were pitted and a little worn from the heat.

Edited by mauricedorris

Go OEM. They are cheap and obviously last 8k miles.

Two months ago I finally replace two exhaust valves, recut seats, new springs all around along with new seals. It cost me 360 bucks. I have similar miles, maybe a little more. When my valves failed the same test, it was the seats and not the valves. Once they were recut, they sealed up perfectly. Exhaust valves were not the ones leaking, but they were changed out because they were pitted and a little worn from the heat.

Thanks for the reply, so would you just replace and recut the one intake valve that is leaking? Thanks

Thanks for the reply, so would you just replace and recut the one intake valve that is leaking? Thanks

Yes, if that's what's needed. It was the intake valve that was leaking on mine when I did the little gasoline trick. I took the head to the shop and let them check it out. They told me that the intakes were good, the seats needed to be recut, but the exhaust valves needed to be replaced.

Point is... you never know til you have the expert look at it.