Wheel bearings ?

My front wheel bearings seem stuck when I try to turn them with my finger. The wheel spins fine while riding, but I'm thinking maybe the axle is spinning inside the bearings' bores instead of the ball bearings actually turning. Nothing feels too tight or loose, or sounds bad.....,yet.

Anyway, I saw this bearing kit with a pair of bearings & seals for $13.59 including shipping on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330667407069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

They look fine. Wonder how much OEM ones would cost? Anybody have any experience with the ebay ones?

Sounds like your bearings are pretty gummed up. You do have the option of popping the bearings out and trying to recondition them. I recently took mine out of my 09 WR 450 and did this. They were very rough when turning by hand. I took the dust cover off using an exacto knife and ran them under solvent in my parts washer until all the crud was out. If you have a compressor you can then blast the remaining debris out with that. At this point they should be completely dry and free from crud. Spin them by hand to feel for rough spots (pitting between the bearing and race). If they are smooth repack them with a good waterproof grease and put the dust covers back on. Mine were not pitted so they run good as new. Or just spend the $13-15 for new ones... your call.

I'd probably damage the dust seals just trying to remove & clean the bearings. I think I'll just order the Bossbearing ones. They're pregreased & double sealed and come with dust seals. I'll go ahead and order them.

Sounds like your bearings are pretty gummed up. You do have the option of popping the bearings out and trying to recondition them. I recently took mine out of my 09 WR 450 and did this. They were very rough when turning by hand. I took the dust cover off using an exacto knife and ran them under solvent in my parts washer until all the crud was out. If you have a compressor you can then blast the remaining debris out with that. At this point they should be completely dry and free from crud. Spin them by hand to feel for rough spots (pitting between the bearing and race). If they are smooth repack them with a good waterproof grease and put the dust covers back on. Mine were not pitted so they run good as new. Or just spend the $13-15 for new ones... your call.

X2.. I do this too.. Especially on snowmobile boogie wheel bearings..

Even when getting new bearings Il take them apaprt and put a good quality waterproof grease in them.. Factory grease is pretty sparse in them..

I'd probably damage the dust seals just trying to remove & clean the bearings. I think I'll just order the Bossbearing ones. They're pregreased & double sealed and come with dust seals. I'll go ahead and order them.

Popping the dust seals out with a razor blade is extremely easy.. try it with the old bearings you take out, if your comfortable, pop them out on your new bearings and apply a good waterproof grease in the new ones, they will last alot longer..