Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marv02

CRF or new YZ rear brake Master

7 posts in this topic

Will a rear brake master cylinder off a newer CRF YZ fit on a 2000 YZ426.

The tab on my sub frame is broke off for the Brake fuild reserve so instead of either fixing the sub frame or replacing the sub frame I was thinking of putting a master off a CRF thats all in one.

I know if you are a brake dragger the CRF will boil over but I not a brake dragger.

Uses to have a CRF 450 and didn't have any issues with the rear brakes boiling over.

Edited by marv02

Lucky for you your tab broke off, 'cause you have to cut those off to clear the modern master cylinder. Yes, the '03 and later YZF master will bolt on and work. You will, however, have to remove the top bolt and tilt it rearward some to get the cover off the reservoir. Otherwise, they work great.

Thanks I order one now from fee bay but wait CRF or YZ which ones better.

Lucky for you your tab broke off, 'cause you have to cut those off to clear the modern master cylinder. Yes, the '03 and later YZF master will bolt on and work. You will, however, have to remove the top bolt and tilt it rearward some to get the cover off the reservoir. Otherwise, they work great.

I just ordered one off E-Bay for $30.00 off a 2003 YZ, I also picked up a front Master off a 2007 CRF 450 for $40..00 plus a front brake hose off a CRF for $19.00.

The bike should stop nice now.

The stock YZ front brake just not as good as the CR even my 2006 KTM had better front brake.

When you need to to stop the bike now you need to stop NOW thing are just about to get real ugly LOL thats going to hurt if you dont get stopped NOW.

I know the YZ/YZF fits, I don't know about the CR

Edited by marv02

Put the new rear brake Cylinder off the 03 fit great.

Now just waiting for my CR front master to show up then I can stop.

I installed my CRF450 front brake master on today it feels so much better already.

I also ordered a used CRF front brake hose also bolted right up.

Now the bike will stop.