Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chopperman

Tall Seat Foam for 426

4 posts in this topic

I am looking to go with a tall seat foam on my 426. I am trying to avoid the whole buy the tall foam, buy the tall seat cover and doing the re-cover myself. I have wrestled with seat covers before. Anyone have a line on who may be manufacturing and selling complete seat replacement units (hopefully tall foam units) for the 426?

------------------

Chopperman

00 KTM 520 EXC

01 Yamaha YZ 426

78 Yamaha TT 500

78 Yamaha SR 500

Chopperman,

I went with Ceet's tall foam and their Logo cover, but the stock cover will work. In fact it actually has more material to work with. The taller foam makes a huge difference. The seat is much flatter and transition from sitting to standing is much easier. The foam is very firm, but really isn't a problem. I'm 6'3" so it was well worth it. Foam price was $59.00. Web site is Ceetracing.com

Just got the new Moose catalog, they are now selling replacement seats (I wonder if they are made by SDG? ).

Anyway they have std. and tall versions, complete seats with black covers and a Moose logo on the back/top.

For YZ 250F/426F "tall" PN is: M-00024

You will probably need to find a Parts Unlimited local dealer/dist. to buy this, I don’t think you can get it direct.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited September 26, 2001).]