HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigdong

Whats this chemical metal hiding?

2 posts in this topic

<p>So after paying top dollar for a bike thats supposed to be in excellent condition the whole things seems to be falling apart. While trying to investigate the bottom end knocking im getting i stumbled across this bit of chemical metal, Im guessing this isnt a must do mod for yz's? Is it common for this to split? or loose thread? I didnt want to chip off the metal incase there is something horrible under it. Im wonderinf if the oil was even flowing through it now.

20120603_145547.jpg

Edited by Bigdong

The motors are very noisy, so your 'knocking' problem may not be a problem.

That looks like JB weld paste.

More than likely, it was hit by a rock, cracking the case where the fitting goes in.

That kind of looks like a 'support' beam was created to keep the fitting in line.

If it doesn't leak, I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, and by the way, your clutch basket has a few hours on it. All those grooves might make the clutch grabby. Not a catastrophic issue, just very annoying when the clutch is inconsistent in it's feel.