HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zyzz45

supermoto tire rubbing.... forks? What?

7 posts in this topic

This is probably something I messed up but look at these pics

68ftz9.jpg

see the tire marks on the fork?

11kwaz8.jpg

Look at the edge of the tire where it lines up to the forks... it clearly is too wide....

So I was thinking since I have washers in there as ghetto wheel spacers that is my problem? I don't know though since the brake disc lines up fine inside the caliper....

Could it be that I can loosen the axle, throw more spacing in between the wheel and forks and it'll be fine? I'd think the brake disc wouldn't line up anymore....

Any help?

Is it rubbing on both sides equaly? If not you need more space on that side, if it is then you need a smaller tire.

I have this on one side on my Supermoto, I 'think' its down to the fork legs being unevenly set in the triple clamps?

it's just rubbing on that one side, it was scary because I was going like 50 down the road and caught a little air over a hump in the road and when I came down my tire mustve rubbed there and I got some serious speedwobble from my handlebars but I somehow saved it, I was just going down the road so I didn't have a helmet on haha it could've been bad

it's just rubbing on that one side, it was scary because I was going like 50 down the road and caught a little air over a hump in the road and when I came down my tire mustve rubbed there and I got some serious speedwobble from my handlebars but I somehow saved it, I was just going down the road so I didn't have a helmet on haha it could've been bad

Not to be a gear nazi...but...

Just going down the road (at 50mph) is where you'll get jacked up. When you gear up for big rides, why not for little ones just down the road? Especially on pavement!!!!

Riding is riding, if we knew when and where we would crash what fun would that be. A little bit of gravel on a road can send you sliding into anything even if its just in your driveway. A 15mph slide into a curb or tree can be just as fatal as a 100mph get off.