HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NW450

2011 yz 450f clutch

4 posts in this topic

So i have the timbersled snowbike kit on my 11' yz 450. I was just swapping back to my tires last night, when i went to move the bike after i was done it was in gear, so i pulled in the clutch lever and it did nothing. Tha back tire stayed locked up, i adjusted the screws on the clutch lever all the way out(tight), and all the way in(loose) with no change.

Any ideas on whats up?

Did i smoke my clutch? It ran fine with the snow bike kit on it.

If I did destroy my clutch, where can i get a replacement? I have also been looking at getting the Rekluse Exp or Exp 2.0(not sure on the differences). So if i do need to replace stuff in there i will just go that route.

Will i need new clutch packs?

Thanks for the help guys,

Andrew

It's normal for the clutch not to release particularly well with a dead engine. The test is whether you can find neutral at idle with reasonable ease.

It's possible that the snow kit may have helped you beat the clutch up some and that you've distorted some of the plates so that they are no longer flat enough. In that case, the fix is to replace them. Do yourself an enormous favor and buy an OEM clutch plate kit from Yamaha (PN 2S2-W001G-10-00). The kit comes with frictions, steels, springs, and a gasket for less than the price of the plates purchased separately. Low cost aftermarket plates just do not match up to OEM stuff insofar as how well they work.

1 person likes this

It's normal for the clutch not to release particularly well with a dead engine. The test is whether you can find neutral at idle with reasonable ease.

It's possible that the snow kit may have helped you beat the clutch up some and that you've distorted some of the plates so that they are no longer flat enough. In that case, the fix is to replace them. Do yourself an enormous favor and buy an OEM clutch plate kit from Yamaha (PN 2S2-W001G-10-00). The kit comes with frictions, steels, springs, and a gasket for less than the price of the plates purchased separately. Low cost aftermarket plates just do not match up to OEM stuff insofar as how well they work.

Awesome, thanks gray

Any reccomendations on where to buy from?

Also, as i understand it, the OEM clutch pack will work with the rekluse later on down the road?

Any reccomendations on where to buy from?

Also, as i understand it, the OEM clutch pack will work with the rekluse later on down the road?

Buy from TT OEM Parts. Support the site.

And yes, the OEM plates are one of the best choices to use with any Rekluse.