Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbrenize

yz400f xc set up?

5 posts in this topic

i have a 1998 yz400f and i got it all dialed in and i would like to ride it on really tight trails, and i have to clutch it all the time i can barley keep it running because i am reving and riding the clutch all the time. im going 1 tooth smaller in the front, but what else can help me? also what does anyone else have on their 400/450's? im also thinking about fly wheel weights. let me know guys!

I use mine or enduro and have done this:

- 2008 450 carb (makes it easier to start and it runs way more smooth in tight stuff)

- 13/52 gearing + o-ring chain

- Rekluse (was damn hard to find since they stopped making them in 2008)

- WR400 cam timing

- WR250 rear brake master, I think it was from an 2010 (no more boiling fluid)

- WR250 foot pegs, they are smaller, not a perfect fit tho, from a 2010 too

The best of it was for sure the rekluse it has helped me tons of times, else just good tires and a lot of suspension tuning. I never got around to put any extra weight on my fly wheel but its a good idea iam sure of.

the carb is a little out of my price range at the moment. i looked and they are about 300 on ebay. im planning on the sprocket changes and if i can find fly wheel weights i will get them to, is a rekluse a clutch?

Here is one for 200$ but you need the clutch perch and lever too, cause the hot start is on the handlebar. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YZ450F-06-09-Carburetor-Carb-2S2-14101-00-00-121-/110887758222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item19d16ce98e&vxp=mtr#ht_1905wt_931

Yea a rekluse is an auto clutch.. EFM can make one for you, just google EFM clutches and write them, but they are 600$.. The weights I have seen is bolt or weld on, so I have just found a flywheel on ebay and iam gonna make the weight myself and weld it on, its basicly just a big steel washer.

Here is one for 200$ but you need the clutch perch and lever too, cause the hot start is on the handlebar. .

http://www.ebay.com/...r#ht_1905wt_931

Yea a rekluse is an auto clutch.. EFM can make one for you, just google EFM clutches and write them, but they are 600$.. The weights I have seen is bolt or weld on, so I have just found a flywheel on ebay and iam gonna make the weight myself and weld it on, its basicly just a big steel washer.