2013 KTM 450 SXF Dungy Edition - Charlie Mullins - Reliability Issues?

Not being smart here, I'm now wondering about the reliablility of the new 450 SXF. In GNCC and the Nat Enduro series, former champ, Charlie Mullins, has yet to finish a race. It's highly unusual to see this number of mishaps. Are new owners experiencing issues with their new bikes? I'm a KTM owner, so definitely not bashing the brand. I'm interested in the new 450 XCF, but am definitely having second thoughts.

The KTM team has been pretty tight lipped around what is causing his DNF's. He lost a lap at the Kentucky round but did finish.

Assuming is as good as a guess, ckny...just the facts, thank you...

I don't know anyone who has a 12 450 XC-W that is having any problems...

I know if I were Mullins I'd be some pissed!

I just bought the 450 SX-F Factory edition, and i have to admit, i have already lined up all the mods to make it better...

SAMCO hose kit,

Twin Air oil cooler

Raptor Ti Enduro footpegs

Braille G5SL battery

Monster cable 8Awg wire upgrade

Hinson Clutch kit

I am in the market for the Akrapovic Ti exhaust, but Akra are avoidin me, and i will be checkin if the KTM Facotry air intake kit will fit.

I am plannin to also get Ti bolts for the engine and frame to shed a few more ounzes off the bike.

I just bought the 450 SX-F Factory edition, and i have to admit, i have already lined up all the mods to make it better...

Monster cable 8Awg wire upgrade

What the heck is a monster cable wire upgrade?

Kuwait .... Motocross Action had a cool write up for you guys ... very cool.

The monster cable wire upgrade is takin the Positive and ground wire out and using high strand tin copper wire normally used for car stereos.

You can find them on ebay and on amazon.com.

It helps for electricity only passes on the edge of a wire strand, not through the wire, so the more strands the more power that is transfered.

My 2009 use to start dyin after a few seconds of crankin, after swappin out the battery and upgraded the wire, even when she is cold and no choke i use to get it to start and stay strong the whole time. It also helped with the bottom end torque which i loved on the sandy trails...

I heard it was clutch issues, never anything with the efi

CDN Factory team had issues this weekend with their clutch as well, hydraulic seal gets sucked in under high heat.

Mullins mechanic was let go, he told his boss he could shove the clutches up his ass ?

Would you please explain a little more...

I know a clutch overheats from exccessive loads or featherin. But if you are just runnin and shiftin clutchless, which i guess they all are, then it shouldnt cause the clutch to fail,

UNLESS the oil is too hot and the clutch is failin due to that...

I have the twin air oil cooler on order anyways. Cooler oil means less load on the rads as well

a friend of a friend , doesn't add up to facts ... I'll be at snowshoe, I'll just ask Antti

I could care less what you think about facts, I'm sharing info I was told from an insider, nothing more.

Ask Antti what ever you want, what makes you think he's gonna tell you anything? Are you buddies????

The clutch has been causing issues with other factory teams using the same set up.