HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrdrvr7

08 yz450f power?

6 posts in this topic

Been riding the 08' for about 5 months now and really like the bike. My only gripe is I wish it was just a little snappier on the bottom. I changed out the exhaust to a FMF and that helped. Still looking for a little more. Was thinking of going to a 06' cdi, or up one tooth on rear sprocket. Any suggestions? I was able to source a cdi on the cheap so cost is not a problem.

I put a 50 tooth in the rear and it helped. It almost has as much bottom as the 07 crf450

06 cdi will help. I bought 4 of them on eBay before they got popular for $40. I would say a must have along with a pipe. I run the stock gearing and like it. I also have a Rekluse Pro which eliminates the tall first gear feel. I now feel that my 09 has the perfect engine feel.

Go up a tooth on the rear. It's cheap and easy.

Just don't want to eliminate the use of 2nd gear. Seems like it will shorten the gear ratio to much. Like I said earlier I can pick up a cdi for the same price as a new rear sprocket. Has anyone tried both and which did you prefer?