HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Streamline

19in Rims

3 posts in this topic

A couple questions. I have both a 04 YZ450F that I race and a 02 YZ250F for a backup. I do a LOT of different types of racing and I've been thinking of throwing on a soft tire on the 02 rear rim and just swapping rims with the 450 for those silt/sand type races. I did some research and everything (hub etc) is the same besides the following.

04 YZ450F: 2.15-19 Rear

02 YZ250F: 1.85-19 Rear

What does the first number refer to?

Another quick question. I have a blown 98 YZ400F and wondered how hard it would be to use that for the same thing? It has a different hub but it is a 2.15-19, figured I may need spacers of some sort or maybe it just wont work?

Thanks for any help,

Tyler

Rim width. The 250F is technically too narrow to mount a 110/90x19, but it works "OK".

The '98 YZ400 used a 20mm axle in the rear. '99-'08 used a 22. Won't fit.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=632582

That's what i thought but those numbers seems too small in my head haha. What exactly do you mean by "works OK"? I use a 120 on the 450 and wouldn't mind a 110 on the 250. Thanks for the link, good to know I can use the front wheel if I need to off the 98, with bearings of course.