Noisy 09 YZ450F.

So I just picked up this super clean used 09 YZ450F and it seems to be quite loud. Louder than I remember my 08 ever being. It looked to be very low hours however the previous owner did mention riding it in the dunes, so much in fact that the stock chain and sprockets were completely shot and the rear rim sand blasted to a dull finish. The airbox is clean though and the filter too. I'm just concerned with how much sand the bike ingested before I bought it.I know it's stupid to post a video of a sound but I'm a little bummed right now and I'm looking for some opinions.

http://youtu.be/p2ly_WjQcjs

• 3 weeks later...

Ok update here. I now have put 6 hours on the bike since I bought it used. I estimate the total hours on the bike to be under 40. I checked the valves and found all valves right at the loose end of the spec except the #3 intake valve which was at .25mm. I shimmed the #3 intake valve and thought it was gonna quiet down. Nope. Just as loud as before although I had some doubt as the sound is more of a knocking and a valve would make more of a ticking noise. The bike is harder to kick now so I definitely got some compression back. Bike starts super easy (within a kick or two hot or cold) and the bike rips. At this point I'm just gonna ride it and see what happens.

I've got an 09 and it sounds the same as that,both videos could pass for my bike,i put a Rekluse Z Start Pro in it and it got even noisier....,after searching through here and reading numerous threads(included rekluse chattering) i'm not gonna worry anymore.This is my first Yamaha,i've always had Kawasakis and they purred like a kitten compared to the Yamaha.......a few of my mates have them and they all sound like tractors too......my mate who sold me the Rekluse said it made his 2011 noisier as well.

I always wonder tho if they are all so rattly and noisy how the heck are you supposed to know if it going to detonate at any minute.....haha

Edited by 08kxf250

I've got an 09 and it sounds the same as that,both videos could pass for my bike,i put a Rekluse Z Start Pro in it and it got even noisier....,after searching through here and reading numerous threads(included rekluse chattering) i'm not gonna worry anymore.This is my first Yamaha,i've always had Kawasakis and they purred like a kitten compared to the Yamaha.......a few of my mates have them and they all sound like tractors too......my mate who sold me the Rekluse said it made his 2011 noisier as well.

I always wonder tho if they are all so rattly and noisy how the heck are you supposed to know if it going to detonate at any minute.....haha

I figured it was just normal I just wanted to see what the consensus was. Thanks.

When I got my 07 it really made noise. The bike had a skid plate and a couple of rocks were lodged between the motor and plate. Klack klack klack. Pulled the rocks and it still klacked, just not as loud. lol