won't e-start or kick, will roll start.

weird problem.

good battery, once started by rolling the bike runs perfectly.

when I try to start w/ the button I can feel/hear it spinning, but it doesn't turn the engine, not engaging. Kicker sounds like it is turning the engine but won't fire. on a roll start in fires ride up and rides fine. any ideas?

usually this bike fires right up and runs great. need help!

That happened to my buddy when he dropped in a river, wouldn't kick start then I put a rope on it and towed it around and it fired up. Roll start is easier than kick starting it so you must have an issue.

Sounds like its time for a piston service =)

Sounds like low compression to me. Does it still idle nice and steady once its started ?

If you have an extra spark plug I would try checking the spark while kicking it .

Pull the spark plug boot/coil stick the extra plug in it and wedge it between the metal AIS tube and

cylinder and look for spark while you kick it over. If thats good I would do a compression test

and if thats good its time to look into the carb. Thats what I would do anyway.

weird problem.

good battery, once started by rolling the bike runs perfectly.

when I try to start w/ the button I can feel/hear it spinning, but it doesn't turn the engine, not engaging. Kicker sounds like it is turning the engine but won't fire. on a roll start in fires ride up and rides fine. any ideas?

usually this bike fires right up and runs great. need help!

If it starts bump starting it then you have spark and are getting fuel.. Does it kick start ok when its warm?? If it does than thats probably a compression problem, Piston rings, tight valves??.. i would check valve clearance first, easiest thing to do.. Do you keep your air filter really clean??

First check for good spark and then check valve clearance. Intake valves are probably to tight.

again, the bike runs fine once roll started. the carb is good, spark good. the bike runs great once roll started. valves were checked at the end of last season and were well within spec. it WILL NOT kick at all, warm or cold, the e-start just spins freely. quite the mystery here. Had a moto-mechanic tell me there is a bearing on the kicker that only will spin one way, and that it may be broken...never heard of such thing. probably going to have to take it in...bummer. was hoping to be able to to the fix myself.

however, if a moto genuis knows &%$#@! is going on let me know. I'm stumped.

dropped it off for service. no real answers yet, will keep you posted. but again, if anyone has good guess, let me know.

Valve clearances are off, thats my guess.

idol gear lost all it's teath or broken?