Rear Wheel. '98 WR400 Vs. '06 WR450

Would a 1998 WR400 rear wheel fit on my 2006 WR450 if I got the disk and sprocket from the WR400? I have read some threads on here about wheel fitment and there is conflicting info.

What about a 2001 WR426 rear wheel with disk and sprocket fitting my 450?

2006 YZ450?

Edited by woods-rider

The hub design changed in 99. So 98 is different than anything newer.The 2001 may fit . The main factor is the hub.Just look up both bikes and check part number of the hub. If they match you should be good.

Edited by VinceDC

The hub design changed in 99. So 98 is different than anything newer.The 2001 may fit . The main factor is the hub.Just look up both bikes and check part number of the hub. If they match you should be good.

Part numbers aren't the same, but many parts that are interchangeable have different part numbers because some non-critical dimension changed.

OK, I found a 2006 YZ450 stock wheel and tire with disk and sprocket for $100 in my area. This is a pretty good deal IMO, but am not sure it will fit since the 06 YZ is an aluminum frame and my 06 WR is steel framed. Can anyone confirm the fitment?

the yz on is 19 inch i think..

It is, but this will be my third rear wheel. I have a trials tire on one (18"), knobby on the other (18"), and this third one will be for a paddle so 18" or 19" is fine by me for the sand.

It is, but this will be my third rear wheel. I have a trials tire on one (18"), knobby on the other (18"), and this third one will be for a paddle so 18" or 19" is fine by me for the sand.

I used to use sand paddles to make studded winter tires, lately I havent been able to find a good sand paddle in an 18 inch, i think Cheng shin is the only one that makes one in 18, A 19 would be a way better choice if your using it for a sand paddle.. Cant comment on fitment tho..

I used to use sand paddles to make studded winter tires, lately I havent been able to find a good sand paddle in an 18 inch, i think Cheng shin is the only one that makes one in 18, A 19 would be a way better choice if your using it for a sand paddle.. Cant comment on fitment tho..

I actually already have an 18" paddle tire on one of the wheels now so really, an 18" or 19" is fine with me as long as it fits.

I've used WR and YZ rear wheels (250, 400 and 450) from 99 and up on my 99, 07, and 2012, and they all fit. The 250 wheels are a bit narrower and of course the 19" is larger in diameter, but they all bolt right up. The front wheels will also work, but you have to play with the spacers and bearings.

Skat-trak sells 18", I think they're all custom made. I've bought 2 from him. The dominator is insane in sand, mud and soft loam, and the predator has knobs between the paddles for riding in mixed terrain, to hep smooth the ride over rocks.