HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirhk

I pulled a CR450!!!!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Yesterday at the Elsinore track there was a guy there on a CR450 #10 on the plates. This guy was a better rider then me but coming out of a corner a couple times I was able to either gain ground on him or even pull away from him. The bike did look nice though!!! I think it was a magazine testing the bike and I'd heard they were messing with adjustments so maybe it was off but I felt good knowing that there is a possability of catching the guy if I had the balls to hit the big stuff he was. I'm on a '99YZ400 There were a lot of fast guys on YZ426s spanking the CR!!!

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

That was Don Meada of Transworld. Well, if he was in all white gear it was him, he had a bunch of other guys there with him, maybe it was one of them? He was telling the other guys that he was still riding it "like a 250 (two stroke) and having a hard time coming out of the corners hard."

BTW - I saw you there, I remember from your posts about the yellow bike and blue gear. I'm there a lot, number 19, McGrath Mazda graphics, white short sleeve Thor jersey.

------------------

'92 GSXR 7/11 - 4 sale, click link

'99 YZ400F - New pics!

'02 Honda CR450F

[This message has been edited by MotoGreg (edited September 10, 2001).]

Yeah, it was the guy in all white gear. I didn't think that I was actually beating that guy, I knew he was a better rider, just probably not used to the bike. I wasn't riding my best sunday either. I was there by myself which tends to keep me mellow with no one to push after. We should set up a TT group ride there some time. I can usually make it on the weekends. I actually rode the beginners track a lot on Sunday for the first time in months and had a blast. I like the current main track layout a lot!!! The rythem after the huge berm just past the tower is still intimidating and I think I'll hold of on that. I also will try that quad jump thing they have built next time hopefully.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

I ride mainly the Vet track on busy weekends and then on mellow weekdays I ride the big track. I only did a handful of laps on the big track Sunday but I bypassed the new rythm section, I just came out of the bowl and cut accross to the step up.

Have you been to Comp Park lately? They made the big track a lot safer and on the Vet track they reversed the direction and built up the jumps, it's a blast, way better than Elsinore's Vet track is now.

------------------

'99 YZ400F - New pics!

'02 Honda CR450F

No, I haven't been to Comp in park because I thought the main track was too dangerous. Last time I went there was three of us there. On friend went home with blown forks and bent bars, and the other still doesn't remember the day. After that I decided it was time to go before my turn was up. I'll have to check that place out again now that it's more friendly. Hopefully this Sunday I'll either get out to a track or I would love to make it up to the Deep Creek area for some trail riding.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

hey sirhk!

I usually go to Elsinore on Saturdays.

But I'm getting burned out on Elsinore.

I heard Comp Park is nice now so I'm anxious to check it out.

Let me know if either of you guys go to Comp Park! :)

J_Bones

I think I rode with you at Elsinore like a month back with a couple guys from DRN. I was the one with the Yellow YZ that tested out the exhaust system. I'm going someplace this sunday. Either Elsinore, Comp, or I'd love to do some trail riding up in the mtns/Deep Creek area just past Glen Helen if I could get one of my lazy ass friends to getting up early and going.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

I haven't been up to the Deep Creek area for a while now. Once I get my new bike and I put my YZ/WR into offroad mode I want to start riding more up there. I'll have to give you an email and set something up with you guys sometime.

------------------

'99 YZ400F - New pics!

'02 Honda CR450F

Definately!! I'm using my bike for both since I'm not competitive. Got it geared for top speed at the desert and just work the clutch on tight trails. Put on the desert tank for long rides and only put a gallon or so of gas in it at the track which is cool cause it carries that weight WAY lower on the bike. I have the suspension set up for jumping though. Normally I don't even mess with it on the trail, I just bounce around and suffer with it.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"