Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrusher

Selling the 08 450 an not sure to buy a 2010 or newer or Kawi

2 posts in this topic

Have my 2008 Yz450 sold and been looking at a 2010 or newer YZ450 or even a new Kawi 450.. Cant beat the yammi reliability but have heard mixed reviews about the handling of the new yammi..Dont really want to go green but have heard alot of good reviews on them.. Im a 40 yearold vet class racer.. Any info would be great.. Thx

Have my 2008 Yz450 sold and been looking at a 2010 or newer YZ450 or even a new Kawi 450.. Cant beat the yammi reliability but have heard mixed reviews about the handling of the new yammi..Dont really want to go green but have heard alot of good reviews on them.. Im a 40 yearold vet class racer.. Any info would be great.. Thx

The only issue I have heard about the 2010+ is the light front end, which can be easily changed with the kit that moves your engine 2" forward. Coming off a two stroke I personally have no issues with the front end being too light. I absolutely love my 2010, can't say enough good things about it. Besides picking between the Yamaha or Kawi... I really think it's 6 of one or half a dozen of the other. I've also heard good reviews about the Kawi but... Yamaha has my heart. It's light, it's nimble, the EFI tuner is amazing when you do different types of riding. Overall I could not be happier with the bike. I don't really think you can go wrong either way... But I personally think the 2010+ YZF's are the sickest looking bikes I have seen to date.