2008 WR450 Dual Sport Conversion Kit?

We have mountains, oceans, and plated bikes :cry: oh, and sweet guns too

But Montana and Calgary are nice too. I would live in BC if I moved anywhere, but I doubt I ever will

Few weeks ago... I live at the base of the foothill on the right :cry:

_MG_7337.jpg

OK this could go on for a while. But none of you have Hollywierd as we do and an over abundance of tree hugging liberals or crazy high taxes including an annual off-road use fee that now is being stolen by our wonderful elected idiots to pay for other uses.

Anyone have any experience with Tusk? Below is a photo of their DS kit for the WR450 with handguard blinkers.

images.jpg

Found a great price for it Here

That is the kit I used. Great price for it. Jump on it quick. Only issue i have had is the glue holding on the rear turn signals gave out so I reglued with Gorilla glue and it has held fine.

That is the kit I used. Great price for it. Jump on it quick. Only issue i have had is the glue holding on the rear turn signals gave out so I reglued with Gorilla glue and it has held fine.

Do have some Gorilla Glue. I've got some Barkbusters coming. Think there will be a problem switching the hand guard signals from the kit hand guards to the Barkbusters ?

I think they will bolt right on. You will need to drill holes though. I bought the metal hand guards from Rocky Mountain ATV and they were pre drilled.

Thanks for the advice. They have it in stock. On it's way!

The only thing that was missing and this is most likely just a CA thing is there is no high beam indicator light which is required here. I also did not use all of the switches. I wired to the kit tail light but stock one will work too just not as much room for license plate. I only used the highlow, turn signal and horn switch. It comes with a kill switch that i did not see any use for. Easy to wire to a WR450.

The reason why the turn signals have not changed is because DOT will not approve LEDs therefore it would be a pain for our customers who are trying to get there bike to pass and be plated if we sold them not DOT signals.

But we do have a couple different sweet LED turn signals including flush mount :devil: and you get the option to upgrade at the time of purchase or any time down the road.

Tusk kit pics. Baja designs has been using the same turn signals for the past 10+ years. My friends old 87 XR250 has the same style signals as a new kit. kind of sad IMO. I like LEDs on the TUSK

_MG_7198.JPG

_MG_7199.JPG

That's nice.. you are still overpriced. If you had a reasonable kit I would have gone with yours

I've been reviewing some of the Arkansas Code. Looks like the good ole Ledge passed an act requiring turn signals on motorcycles in 2011. Didn't specify that the turn signals are DOT but visible at 100ft in normal daylight. We will see how it goes.