HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearom

Another One Bites The Dust

4 posts in this topic

Sheared my woodruff key and cracked my case, and my dealer has not heard of any of the fixes. I tell them everything I know about the issue and even take the tech bulletin and all of the forum info. The service folks act like they got me free warranty (the cracked case). I tell them about the bad idler gear and they say until it breaks again they will not replace it or anything else. I blame the dealer for not do the footwork once they know about the issue. Its like, since I not a mechanic, Yamaha Certified, that I could never tell them something they do not know.

What's wrong with me? I smirk every time I see one of these posts. I'm really a nice guy, but in some sick way it gives me pleasure (shame on me!)..........I'm not the only one (as the dealers would have me believe). Mine has been in the shop since last wednesday. I've been such a pain in the a!!, they won't return my calls. Hopefully my 04 will be in soon.

ps.

your earlier post stated that you were taking out the starter gears.....i gues that was a bomb.

I am as soon as I get it home. What I'm saying is the dealer will not give me the new idle gear for free and does not believe that anything else is wrong unless I bring it back broken. I'm pulling the idle gear before I even start it, but it would have been better to have it replaced by the dealer before it twisted the flywheel off the rotor.