2011 450 oil quanity ?

Ok, so i emptied the engine oil, [both drain plugs], and changed out the filter. The manual says 1.06 us qts which is 34 oz's. I added 1 qt and started the bike expecting the oil level to be somewhere in the site window about half way up. Instead, its just over the top of the glass without adding the other two oz's. QUESTION, Do i add the last two oz's of oil or is that the residual oil left in the journals etc? I did warm the bke up for about five minutes and let drain leaning right untill it nearly stopped dripping, about 15 min. or so. Also, im using yamalube 10-50 semi but is there something else better or is this good oil.

Thanks

Tim

i beleive once the recommended oil amount is added, the bike needs to be started and ran for a short period, shut down, let set a few minutes. then check the oil level at the sight glass...

i beleive once the recommended oil amount is added, the bike needs to be started and ran for a short period, shut down, let set a few minutes. then check the oil level at the sight glass...

+1

If you count the oil left in the engine after a complete draining, the total amount is 1.2 L. The refill amounts for oil changes are simple: 1 qt if you don't service the filter, 1 Liter (33.8oz) if you do. Just put the liter in and don't worry about it.

Thanks, guess i was overthinking it.

Considering the angst was over 1.8 ounces? Maybe a little bit. :banghead: