HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HAV

Motocross
The Dowds

9 posts in this topic

I saw Dowd and his son Ryan on a vid the other day and was wondering if JD or Ryan are racing outdoors this Summer?? just wondering...

JYD did a one or two races last year, just to keep his number. Going full season at his age would be suicide. If Ryan's fast enough, that would be cool. A second generation Junk Yard Dog! :banghead:

JYD did a one or two races last year, just to keep his number. Going full season at his age would be suicide. If Ryan's fast enough, that would be cool. A second generation Junk Yard Dog! :banghead:

Isn't he still racing up in Canada? I thought I saw some video of that, and of a new Husky with his name posted on TT a while back.

Dowd will ride southwick, and maybe one or two other rounds just to get himself back up to pace before rd9, like last year. I hope Ryan rides this year, not sure if he has a pro liscense? I got lapped by Ryan during a local race at the 'wick last year and he was absolutely on rails, I got a front row seat as it took him mere seconds to leave me way back in his dust. Other then doing good at southwick like his dad, I expect him to do good everywhere else on the circuit. I'd like to see him on Factory Connection Honda someday (hey Eli and Barcia are in the 450s next year so why not '13 :banghead: ), they're in NH so they support the New England pros (Jimmy D - MA, Bam Bam - NY)

John will prolly ride southwick like everone has said and no hes not doing canada races anymore. And Ryan dowd is still in the b class so i dont think he will be at any national untill atleast next year. And as of right now hes deff not fast enough to be picked up by a big team like FC, but hes got alot faster the last 2 years so who knows.

Edited by 2smoker4life

I got lapped by Ryan during a local race at the 'wick last year and he was absolutely on rails, I got a front row seat as it took him mere seconds to leave me way back in his dust.

Was he on a Husky??

I wonder what bike Dowd will race Nationals on this year...Probably a Kawi. I don't think the Husky is eligible....or competitive in Pro MX.

Was he on a Husky??

I wonder what bike Dowd will race Nationals on this year...Probably a Kawi. I don't think the Husky is eligible....or competitive in Pro MX.

Pretty sure it was a Kawi didnt take much notice to the sand blasted rear fender just the DOWD on the back of his chest protector , remember I said LAST YEAR, not this year, so he was super fast then, and probably faster now, on or off a Husky. I hope John rides a husky in the Nat's maybe some Husky teams will pop up, they have a shit load of contingency so I expect to see a lot more huskys in the Lites in the coming years just like KTM stepped up they're payouts this year and we saw that in the AMA Supercross East Coast Championship.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Bryan Bosch
      Meet the key members that make the Monster Energy Kawasaki team a well-oiled Supercross machine.

• By Jay101
      I have a Honda crf50f and its been sitting for 6 years. I just got a new carburetor and it's now running, only 1 problem. It wont idle when the choke is on or up position, it will only idle if choke is in the down or off position. Any help on what it could be? Thanks.
    • By Chris Cooksey
      Product Spotlight: Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots
      These days expensive protective equipment saturate the market, but Alpinestars has a motocross boot that offers high dollar protection with high end quality at the average man’s price.  I have worn the Sidi Crossfire 2, Garne SG-10, SG-12, and Alpinestars Tech 10 boots.  While these top-line boots all share impressive features my favorite is the Alpinestars Tech 7, with the low retail price of $349.  Once Western Power Sports became a distributor for Alpinestars I immediately tested the Tech 10 against the Tech 7 boots.  
      My initial thought was I would prefer the highest priced boot, the Tech 10.  While this boot is amazing, I felt like I could literally jump off the roof and have no ankle injuries (not recommended), I struggled with the lack of flexibility.  I am 6’4” and have suffered many foot and ankle injuries throughout the years, the most recent was a ruptured Achilles’ tendon.  I tend to look for boots that offer support and protection, yet allow me the freedom to ride comfortably and the Tech 7 meets this criteria.  If I was riding AMA Supercross I would opt for the Tech 10, but for me and my Vet B riding level the Tech 7 is heaven on my feet! 
      Look for both the Tech 7 and Tech 10 boots available in the TT store.   https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/cart.php?m=search_results&c=&catID=4443&v=&id=&venID=&attrList=&manuf=1602&priceFilter=&sortBy=PriceHiLo&search=Tech+7&sort=5&asc=desc&page=2
      KEY FEATURES
      • New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable.
      • The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle.
      • Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
      • Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable.
      • Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support.
      • Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry.
      • Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.

• By thsp485
      Long-time Yamaha 4-stroke  rider/owner/racer...currently ride a new YZ 250 smoker.  We all know about the perceptions and realities of the backwards motor/new chassis that Yamaha has offered since 2010.  I have ridden the 2013 and current bike (2015) at demo days and like them just fine.  Strong motor, all the other Yamaha attributes, and serviceable MX bike for sure.  However, the bike has suffered a lot of not-so-good press.  We know the bike is wide at the radiators, heavy-feeling, and a large-ish 450.  I owned the 2013 YZ 250F and I know that this chassis handled great.  My question here is this.....what if Yamaha simply fuel-injected the 2006-2009 motor, tweaked it to brink it in line with power levels needed today, and stuck it into the 2010-2013, and newer, chassis that mimicked the fine 250F chassis?  Would they have had a class-winner on their hands?  Would it be fast enough?  Would it have sold better?  What do you guys think?
    • By Bryan Bosch
      BREA, CA – February 18, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – From local, grassroots racing and multiple national and world championships, to capturing the 2016 AMA 450 Pro Motocross title while dominating the series for the past decade, racing is at the core of Suzuki. It is the thread that sews together Suzuki’s heritage, the driving force that pushes product innovation, and the reason why countless motocross legends have chosen to swing their leg over an RM.

As Suzuki continues to define racing, we are excited to announce the formation of the next generation of Suzuki racers. Those who will battle at their local race tracks, who will fight for national titles, and who, together, will carry the winning RM legacy into the future. Introducing the RM ARMY. Armed with the best handling machines in the industry and equipped with the support essential to develop champions, the RM ARMY is the future of Suzuki motocross.
      “The RM ARMY is a state of mind, a unifying force, and the umbrella under which our supercross and motocross racing programs will reside,” said Chris Wheeler, Motocross Racing Manager at Suzuki. “The RM ARMY was developed to create a sense of community for Suzuki racers. Connecting riders from around the country and projecting a larger Suzuki racing front is the goal. So whether you’re a weekend warrior, a rider on our RCH/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team, or anywhere else in between, if you race Suzuki, you are part of the RM ARMY.”“I can’t wait to wear the RM ARMY badge,” said Richard Taylor, Suzuki ECSTAR Factory Elite Amateur Racing team rider. “Suzuki has really stepped up their game this year and I am so pumped to be a part of the launch of the RM ARMY.”

RM ARMY amateur racers can take advantage of the various benefits offered by the Suzuki Amateur Racing Support program, which includes Contingency, Trackside Support, and Suzuki Camp Carmichael. Program details are outlined below, along with exciting information on Suzuki’s 2017 amateur racing teams.
      Suzuki MX Amateur Racing Support Program
      Contingency
      RM ARMY racers can take advantage of over $6 Million in available contingency for motocross, supercross, and off-road racing in 2017. The Suzuki contingency program was enhanced over the previous year to include more events and larger payouts, while also offering double contingency at key events such as RC Daytona SX and the final round of Amsoil Arenacross. Join the RM ARMY and let Suzuki support you in your race to the top of the podium. Getting started is as simple as this:
      Own an eligible Suzuki model Complete the online registration process at racesuzuki.com Race a specified event on the Suzuki Contingency Payout Schedule Place in a paying position Receive your rewards on your Suzuki Awards Card Redeem your rewards at any authorized U.S. Suzuki dealership Trackside Support
      Suzuki Trackside Support will also be on hand at key amateur racing events to support RM ARMY racers. Trackside Support carries a supply of parts available for riders in need at a discounted price, along with a qualified Suzuki technician to help answer technical questions. Suzuki will also have parts support available at each round of the Amsoil Arenacross Series. RM ARMY racers in need of parts can purchase them at the Suzuki Canopy next to the Babbitt’s pit area. Visit racesuzuki.com for the complete Trackside Support schedule.
      Suzuki Camp Carmichael
      RM ARMY racers are also provided the exclusive opportunity to attend Suzuki Camp Carmichael. This unique program allows Suzuki amateur racers to compete for the chance to train with 15-time MX/SX Champion , Ricky Carmichael, at his private training facility in Cairo, GA – The GOAT Farm. Attending Camp Carmichael is once-in-a life-time, all-expenses-paid opportunity only available to members of the RM ARMY. Details regarding Suzuki Camp Carmichael 2017, including how to qualify, will be announced on racesuzuki.com. In the meantime, check out the video to see how much fun we had at Suzuki Camp Carmichael 2016! Watch on YouTube below.

Suzuki ECSTAR Factory Elite Amateur Racing
      The 2017 RM ARMY charge will be led by the Suzuki ECSTAR Factory Elite Amateur Racing team. Suzuki’s all-new Oil and Chemical brand, ECSTAR, will serve as an essential element in the growth of the Factory Elite Amateur program, and we are pleased to have their title support in 2017. The team is excited to announce the signing of Casey Cochran, Nikko Capps, and Crockett Myers to pilot the RM85, as well as TJ Rios, who will ride the RM-Z250, and Richard Taylor, who will ride both the RM-Z250 and the reigning AMA 450 Pro Motocross Champion, the RM-Z450.
      “We are thrilled to bring this talented group of riders back to our program for 2017,” said Wheeler. “Each rider showed a ton of potential last year and we are excited to continue growing together.” The team is proud to represent the following sponsors who support the Factory Elite program: ECSTAR, Mechanix Wear , ODI, Cometic Gasket , Hinson, ProX, Matrix, MXtire.com, N-Style , Acerbis , Wiseco , VP Racing Fuels , and Dunlop.
      Suzuki Regional Elite Amateur Racing
      Suzuki is also excited to announce the addition of the Suzuki Regional Elite Amateur Racing team with support from Suzuki dealers. “The addition of this program for 2017 is really exciting,” added Wheeler. “We received a great deal of sponsorship interest at the end of last year, and with the help of multiple racing-focused Suzuki dealers, we are pleased to announce the addition of five deserving riders to this new program.” Racing the RM85 for the Suzuki Amateur Regional Elite program is Preston Masciangelo, Dakota Aldredge, Slade Varola, and Caden Braswell. Brandon Yates will pilot the RM-Z250 and RM-Z450.
      Chaparral Suzuki Elite Amateur Racing / BarX Motorsports
      The RM ARMY front will be further strengthened with the launch of the Chaparral Suzuki Elite Amateur Racing / BarX Motorsports team. The west-coast based Suzuki support team led by Team Manager, Larry Brooks, will field three riders in 2017. With additional support from Suzuki racing-focused dealer, Chaparral Motorsports, Cole Barbieri and Brock Papi will race the RM-Z250 and the RM-Z450, while Brock Bennett will pilot the RM85.
      “I’m privileged to be part of such a first class race effort,” said Brooks. “The Amateur field is so competitive these days, and to be able to share my experience with these three fast racers is extremely rewarding. I feel that I can help them achieve their racing goals and this is what makes this venture very exciting to me.”
      Source: Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.