HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blutarsky

Rear Tire for YZ315F....

8 posts in this topic

I have a 06 YZ250F that I kitted out to 315 cc's using the RPM/IceCube kit. It is jetted very well...and has a TON more hit that a std 250F. It does not even feel like the same bike.

Outdoor Novice MX - I am finding that on uphill sections I am spinning the rear a lot. I also have a hard time controlling the rear of the bike when I roll on the throttle cornering. The motor has a very hard hit as soon as I crack the throttle.

Might a wider rear tire be advisable? I understand that a 110/90-19 is meant for a 2.15" rim (450 set-up)...and may not work well on my stock 1.85 rim...

What about a 110/80-19? That is wider, but not as tall, and is meant for a 1.85" rim? Might that work better than the stock 100/90-19?...

...or I will I need to go to a full 450 rear and a 110/90-19 if I want a bigger rear tire...

Edited by Blutarsky

I have two sets of wheels, both are 1.85's and I run 110/90-19's on both sets. Definitely better traction and as a bonus, I've found that the knobbies are larger and less likely to chunk off.

2 ways

1) drop 1-2 teeth on the rear and lower the rpm

2) go to the wider rim and the 110

3) both!

I have two sets of wheels, both are 1.85's and I run 110/90-19's on both sets. Definitely better traction and as a bonus, I've found that the knobbies are larger and less likely to chunk off.

Indy....I have heard that putting the 110/90-19 on a 1.85 rim results in the tire getting wobbly because the beads are close together...making the tire bulge a bit.... Have you noticed this at all?

2 ways

1) drop 1-2 teeth on the rear and lower the rpm

2) go to the wider rim and the 110

3) both!

I can also just short shift it.... This thing pulls like a truck...

So...still no one has chimed on in a 110/80-19? I am curious how that will work.

80% of 110mm = 88mm tire height. The standard 100/90-19 is 90mm tall...so the tire diameter/circ should be about the same (-12mm roll per tire rev for the 110/80-19).

For traction purposes I run the 110 90 19 on the 250F rim. It definitly helps traction. I also use a Maxxis IT tire as it is a bit heavier than other tires of the same size. This also helps traction a bit and with the big bore kit you have you won't even notice the added weight.

Indy....I have heard that putting the 110/90-19 on a 1.85 rim results in the tire getting wobbly because the beads are close together...making the tire bulge a bit.... Have you noticed this at all?

I've never noticed any sort of wobble with the Michelin Si2-XC's or the MH3's I use...and I run really low tire pressure(6-10 psi) since I'm running the Tubliss tire system.