HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ill_caper

PMB Insert

9 posts in this topic

Is the screw stipped or the threads on the insert? If it's the screw, no biggie, get a new one. If it's the threads, biggie. Can it be tapped again?

Either way, PMB has a nice tight fit and I've had no problems with the screw. Tightens down nicely and stays put.

Word on the street is that the GYT-R allows more flow than the PMB, anyone know if there is any truth to that? I've been looking to get rid of the PMB to get a GYT-R.

I thought that I read the other way around thats why i was trying to get the PMB. I wonder ehich is true?

I had a GYRT and sold it to get the PMB. I measured them both and the overall cross sections are essentially the same and the sound is as well. For me, the PMB seems to work better.

I usually ride with the insert un-inserted and sitting on my tool bench. I use it only when I need to. I don't think I'll be satisfied no matter what insert is in there; they all suck horsepower.

What I am really interested in is seeing how the stock pipe with an insert compares to something like the FMF Q.

I guess it really doesn't matter though. I can't afford the dang Q or any of the others. So I'll just stick with my crappy $25, horsepower sucking insert.